To be innovators that are always original in the field of fashion you must thoroughly study current trends of the present, and this is also true for men’s wedding suits.
In 2013 shabby-chic weddings raged, vintage-inspired ceremonies based on the reuse of old pieces and retro romance. Now is the time of Hipster weddings, already mentioned in one of our popular previous post; Hipster weddings have expanded the coverage of shabby-chic weddings, by including ceremonies with rock, jazz, blues, funk characteristics… because, in fact, the term Hipster was used to indicate young people who belonged to rock and bebop currents.
The analysis that must be carried out won’t stop at a purely aesthetic level, but we must ask why we moved from weddings with 200 guests of luxury and pomp, to Hipster weddings celebrated at the beach or in a garden with less binding clothes and a few invited guests.
The first answer that surely comes to mind to most of you is that we are now experiencing a period of deep economic crisis, and those who want to profess their undying love must adapt to the circumstances and their economic opportunities, and thus the success of these alternative weddings.
This is definitely one of the reasons, but we must also consider the fact that we’re experiencing a generational shift, the so-called “extended youth” is born in which men who are 30 years old today can be compared to the men who were 20 years old in the 70s. Hence the tendency to get married at a later age than in the past, also because they prefer to have financial security before taking the plunge.
Surely, the thirty year old man of today doesn’t make all the projects that made the thirty year old man of a few decades ago; he prefers not to delude himself and not to create expectations which will then be disregarded; men today prefer to live their lives day by day, so the project of a too planned and setted wedding automatically fades.
Ottavio Nuccio Gala is always attentive to the trends of the moment, and men’s wedding suits are not only a trend of fashion, but real social evolutions; everything that characterizes urban environment, from clothes to buildings, from work to lifestyle, it becomes fashion.
The task of our creative soul Mario Moreno is to understand that every moment and situation has its own perfect suit and for this reason the company Ottavio Nuccio Gala offers 5 different collections. Each of these collections can be adapted to a specific social and economic context, the newlyweds will certainly find the suit related to their kind of taste.
The 5 collections of wedding suits
- Barocco, so princely and vintage, for a groom who wants to look like a romantic man of the XIX century; the details are looked after until almost its last legs, exclusive fabrics, a total look that escapes from the usual rules of classic ceremony.
- Gentleman, pure classical style for a traditionalist and conservative groom. They are suits that will last a lifetime, extremely elegant and that fully embody the idea of the classical and romantic wedding most widespread from time immemorial.
- Black Tie, evening version of the collection described above. Pure classicism that can be reviewed with a touch of color or fancy accessories. Also suitable for evening events, cockail party, red carpet … everything concerns events of luxury.
- Emotion, a collection that this year acquired its full force as inspired by the blues and rock music of the ’60s and ’70s, from whom the Hipster weddings. They are original suits, With theme accessories that can transform the groom in a real rock star.
- Fashion, that in its interior is divided into two:
-Fashion Color, the leading collection of 2015, the most suitable for Hipster weddings and that more reflects the trend of this year at Pitti Immagine Uomo in Florence. It‘s a collection full of color (as can be easily understood from the name), but differs from many brands who wanted to follow this trend. Some proposals in the field of fashion, not only in ceremony but also in streetwear, turn out to be too excessive, too colorful, until reaching an almost carnivalesque style and with little taste. The collection presented by Ottavio Nuccio Gala is at the limit of fantasy and allows you to be trendy, but without becoming flashy.– Contemporary Fashion, the one that more coincides with the proposals of low-cost brands. Exactly due this reason, our designer Mario Moreno decided to put this collection a little aside as it can be easily copied and doesn’t offer anything new and original. We’re talking about the usual 4 pieces of one color suits of which the world is full, and so they stopped to be a source of inspiration or a collection to bet on.
That be shabby-chic, Hipster, Princely, classic, vintage, rock … Whatever your needs and requirements, whatever the footprint you want to give to your wedding, Ottavio Nuccio Gala offers you men’s wedding suits that will certainly satisfy your requests.